“When the moon hit’s your eye like a big-a pizza pie, that’s amore”…. yes- we’re dreaming of Italy today thanks to the bloggers over at EveryDayDream Holiday! We love stumbling across a street of recommendations on Posse that’s filled with places someone’s still dreaming of upon returning back to ‘real life’! If you’re in the midst of planning a Euro-trip, get the Posse iOS app and we’ll help you find places that your friends (and their friends) have fallen in love with a Summer or two ago! Here are EveryDayDream’s top picks for a Roman Holiday
1. Splendide Royale- Upper class elegance, from the red carpet in front up to Il Mirabelle, the Michelin-starred restaurant on top with views as far as the Vatican.
2. Hotel Regno- Perfect, central location on the via del Corso, and reasonably priced.
3. Ristorante Pizzeria La Fraschetta Trastevere- An excuse to cross the Tiber River, explore a funky neighbourhood and be well fed.
4. Blue Ice Gelateria- A chain of central gelati stores, but that means they’re convenient at all hours. Buy the litre tub and share.
5. Markets on via del Corso- Markets on via del Corso: Ideal place for all your souvenir needs: pashminas, pictures of Italy, and photos of Audrey Hepburn.
6. Ristorante Cinese Nazionale- Found yourself in Rome and craving something not pizza or pasta? We understand.
7. L’antico Forno- Wish we’d found this on our first day there, as a clean, fresh, and cheap deli right next to the Trevi Fountain is perfect for Roman Holiday lunches
8. Fassi Gelati- A Roman institution, so ignore the dodgy neigbourhood and try the straciatella